Friday, September 3, 2010

Talents and Hobbies

Hey guys!  Since I have so much time for myself these days, I have discovered and re-discovered lot's of things that I enjoy.  Such as...

Running!

 Those are some well loved Nike's there, folks.

I have been training for a half marathon I will finally be running in about a week!  Super excited.  And very much love running now.

(p.s. Feel free to laugh at the ridiculous pictures.  I felt this post needed a little something... more than plain, ole words)


Scrapbooking....

  Currently, with Mission pictures.

A long lost love of mine, brought back again.  Thanks to two awesome friends who recently up and gave me lots of new supplies; I am back in business!  Although it may be an outdated way to keep my memories....what with digital scrapping and such... there is something about creating a page that makes me giddy.  And makes me think about the good days in high school when scrapping was the bomb [dot] com.

Reading, oh reading.

Has anyone else read the Hunger Games series?!  Oh. My. Heck.  Bought the third book the day it came out.  Devoured it.  Although the story is a bit on the horrible side, I cannot express how much I love these books!  Anyway...this picture shows my recent reads - That's my current book, there, in the front.  Very good so far.  Reading, reading...I love reading.

Makin' stuff

This is a sampling of what I have created recently and throughout the summer.  Mostly its flower hair bands and clips.  I've also done some modge-podging of silly quotes and things for my room.  I've always dabbled in this stuff, with crocheting etc..  Also a love of mine.

Guitar!


That's my 'coveting' face.  Kind of looks like my smile face, but it's not.  This guitar is not actually mine.  But I play it like it is...
This skill is a new one for me.  You know I love music, right?  And to sing?  Well, since I lost one of my accompanists to a mission (aka my brother) I decided to pick up the guitar a little bit.  I am up to about 7 songs I can play!  Thank you Ultimate-Guitar.com  Next stop, American Idol!

Although stressful at times, not having a job has it's perks.  I'm grateful to have some time to develop myself a little more. I'm going to go play me some guee-tar now.

1 comment:

Info for you said...

I wish your sis liked to scrapbook, I've started up again too.
Love you post!