Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Little Hoarse

omgoshonlytwoandahalfweeksleftofschool!!!!  *breath*  Ya, I'm the tiniest bit excited to be finished with this school year!  The past two and a half weeks have been nothing but testing for me + a lot of other stuff.  I do the accommodations (such as read the questions, give my students more time and more breaks) for the end of the year testing (CRT's if you will).  Seeing as I have students in all grades K-12, I feel like I have been talking for 50 hours straight.  Thus, I am a little hoarse.  But it's almost done!
In other news.... I have a new student. who just arrived.  at the END of the school year.  with a load of issues. and I don't know how to handle it.  Good thing I have aides!  There has only been a few things: biting, kicking, scratching, hitting, throwing and breaking everything/everyone. We won't go into that on here, I might say things I shouldn't.  Like I said, only 2 1/2 more weeks to endure!
In other, other news....I was thinking about all the many acronyms we SPED teachers have.  So here is a list.  Can you guess what any of them stand for?
CRT
WWJIII
KTEA
OWLS
CTONI
SCRAM
LRBI
BIP
FUBA
DRA
IEP
PLAAFP
NCLB
CTL
DWA
PA
SA
UUA
    Have fun with that!

No comments: