Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lots to tell you!

Friends!!  I have lots to share. its been so long...

1) I ran the Spanish Fork Half Marathon!!  I am so extremely thrilled that I accomplished this goal.  In the process, I gained a love for running and lost a few pounds.  I came in 92th place and 5th in my age group.  My goal was to finish in 2 hours or less and I basically accomplished this by crossing the line at 2:00:03!  Well done, myself!  My mom and dad came to cheer me on and my dad even ran the last few yards with me.  I loved it all and I will be doing this again.

2) I got a job!!!  Woot!  I am beyond thrilled to have an income again and (eventually) benefits to take care of myself.  I am working as an Assistant to a Financial Adviser at the Corporate Offices of Central Bank (capitalize words much?).  I had no way of knowing that this would be the perfect job for me, but as it turns out, it is.  I just finished my first week and I already love it.  The people are great, the job itself is great, and people always bring food....which is great and also not great, but mostly great.  Those pounds I lost? Back on.....*sigh*

3) I hurt my knee again :( :( (this is worth a double frown).  I know, I know...a third time tearing my ACL?!  And in the same knee!?  No one is more upset by this all than me.  And not just for the fact that I am unable to play soccer anymore (and this time I MEAN that).  Mostly because, really??  Three times!!??  Ah well....I haven't been to a doctor yet (waiting for insurance to kick in), but by now I know what a torn ACL looks like (swollen like a grape fruit), sounds like (POP!), and feels like (dull pain juuuussst below the knee cap).  I am hoping it is only a partial tear this time, but we shall see.  I can walk and function just fine, but stairs are a doozy to be sure.  Sorry for the sad news, but thus is my life.

Well, other than the bummer mentioned in section 3), I am enjoying life thoroughly!  I have a job (a good one!) and I couldn't be happier!  That's it for the update.  Stay tuned for the next post, I've got a good one in the works.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm happy you are happy with your new job, I'm sad about your knee but it will be o.k. as soon as your insurance kicks in...and if you have to have surgery again, I will be there to nurse you back to health!!And I was sooo proud that you ran that stinkin half marathon. Something I will NEVER do!!! You are awesome Jeanette and I love you!!!