Saturday, November 6, 2010

26

Hey Everyone!

I had a birthday this past week.  It was most excellent.  I have fantastic roommates and friends who decorated my room, threw me a little party and just made me feel loved!

After turning 26, I have been thinking about some goals I would like to accomplish.  I learned, while training for my half-marathon, that I am 100% more productive in my day to day when I have an end goal in sight.  Thus, I have made a list of 26 things I want to accomplish in this, my 26th year.  Some are silly and some are serious and most are just little things that I would love to make happen, but just haven't done!  I actually stole this idea from a friend of a friends blog and I thought it was great.  Anyway, here is my list of 26!  I will update you all as I accomplish them:

1  Crochet something other than an afghan
Read the Chronicles of Narnia series again
3  Get a new hairstyle (whether cut, colored or highlights)
Run some 5k’s
5  Hike Mt.Timp from the Provo Canyon way
6   Really learn to Salsa dance
7  Lose 10 pounds
Get a knee that works and not ruin it
9  Make at least 1 new friend a month
10  Reconnect with 5 old friends
11  Get involved with Humanitarian service
12  Volunteer somehow with elementary aged children
13  Fly somewhere new
14  Go on a road trip
15  Get a boyfriend
16  Learn to play the Ukulele
17  Expand my cooking abilities
18  Write in my journal at least twice a week
19  Get really good at my new job
20  Get a good start on my children’s book
21  Find a way to organize my budget better
22  Get a plant (keep it alive!)
23  Run the Provo Canyon Half Marathon
24  Learn to knit
25  Join a Choir
26 Finish my mission scrapbook

It's going to be a great year, I can feel it.

1 comment:

Candi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I think thats a great idea that you have with your goals. I'm excited to hear about your accomplishments!