Friday, June 19, 2009

Visit to the Ohio!

Update. What's going on in my life? Well, not a whole lot at the moment. I did just get back from a trip to The Ohio to see my brother, Stephen. We got to do a bunch of things that only Ohio could provide such as: Tour around Ohio State Campus, visit the Columbus Zoo, scenic drive/visit to Amish country, hear my brother speak in church, celebrate Steve's birthday, visit a GIANT corn field (and it's not what you're thinking either), and eat at Jenny's (this great little ice cream shop with exotic flavors like Thai Chili and Salty Carmel) I got Lavender, Pear Sorbet, and one more... can't remember... It was an awesome trip! My cousin Katie and her husband and two cute kids were also visiting so I got to spend some time with them too! All in all, I had a lot of fun. My aunt and uncle let me stay at their place while they were, ironically, visiting Utah - that was sooo wonderful. I didn't have to worry about a hotel or food or anything like that. Made for a pretty stress free trip.
I was also very excited to ride a plane for the second time in my life! I know I am 24 and a college graduate - but I was pretty nervous to attempt a plane ride by myself. I am proud to announce that it was completely successful. I didn't even get lost once - even during my layover in the Chicago, O'Hare airport. That place is HUGE! I met some nice people on the my flights and one even gave my an Ohio State hat! Brand new, never been worn - he informed me that if I stepped onto Ohio soil without it, I would get beat up... *gulp* I accepted it graciously :)
What else can I blab about on here? I'm just relaxing and enjoying my free time this summer with no commitments and no school or work. I am trying to find ways to occupy my time until our family trip to Saipan. If you have any suggestions, let me know! I would like to find some humanitarian/service oriented type things to do - but I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll look up how to crochet those leaper bandages or something.... hmm...


Amish Country! Saw tons of little farms like this one


Horse and Buggy

Gorilla! They came right up to the glass!


Steve in some misty place at the zoo. I thought it was cool.


Penguins :)

1 comment:

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

I LOVE crochet. You should give it a try. It's addicting!!! Sign up for the Michael's (craft store) newsletter and they'll email you 40% off coupons.