Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Change

I moved in to my new place yesterday. It's mixed feelings for me at the moment. I really loved being at home with the family for a while and my stake singles ward was the bomb.com. But, being 24, single and finished with school I felt like I needed to be more independent once again and make the courageous move to P-Town. I signed a contract here at Millrace Condos and so far it's great. My room is nice and big and PRIVATE (which is a must). Rent is doable. Roommates seem pretty cool (although I've only talked to them briefly). I've been hearing only good things about the ward and the place, so I'm psyched to finally be out again and doing my own thing.

Overall, I'm feeling good about the move. However, change always brings certain anxieties: Meet new people, establishing yourself in a new social scene, put yourself out there, make new friends, get involved with the ward, change your routines, live in a new and unfamiliar place etc.. I know what I'm getting myself into - I've done this too many times to be surprised - I just hope with this recent change, life can start taking off for me again and I can get to that happy place I'm looking for! So ready or not, here I come!

No comments: