Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm not that girl.

Yes, it's true. I went to the 12:31 showing of 'New Moon' the night it came out. Let me 'splain...no, no, let me sum up... My good friend, MJ we shall call her, has a cousin. This cousin has a friend. And this friend (I gather) is in love with Twilight. She rented out a theater for a private showing and then needed people to fill it up. So, MJ invited me to go, and I accepted. One month ago.
I liked the first movie; I've read the first two books; so I thought, "What the heck. I might as well!" Although I only got approximately 3 hours of sleep on a school night and was a walking Zombie the entire next day, I am glad I went. It was a lot of fun! But, lest you think any differently about me, I wanted to assure you that I am not one of "those" fans. And by "those" I of course mean these:


I do not buy ridiculously large blankets with Edwards' pale, pale face on them.



I do not enjoy standing in line for hours to get the newest Twilight book coordinating a black T-shirt and red sash with the rest of my crazy Twilight friends.


I also do not enjoy tatooing the three book logos to my back!!! EW!! Can you even imagine?! I apologize for even posting this image. ew.

That said, please do not be offended if you have done one or all of the above. I'm not judging you - just the crazy things you do.
And now, the favorite parts of the my midnight movie experience are as follows:

1. The 45 year old woman who screamed her head off every time Jacob took off his shirt. (I heard that this actor is only 18? yikes.)
2. Almost being trampled as we entered the theater (even though our tickets were numbered and given assigned seats.)
3. Eating those candy word-hearts (Twilight version) with things like, "I love you for eternity because I'm a vampire and I never die" and "Bite me" written on them. (Ok - so those were heavily paraphrased... I can't remember the exact wording, but you get the idea.)
4. Watching the scene where Alice's vision of Bella as a vampire shows them frolicking in the woods with flowy, pastel colored clothes. EVERYONE in the theater laughed there heads off at this... and I was pleased.
5. It was just fun. If I was going to watch the movie at all, this was for sure the night and the crowd to do it with. So, if you have not seen the movie, I recommend it honestly. Just make sure you go with some crazy fans. It makes it all a lot more entertaining!

3 comments:

Mike & Emily West said...

Ha, ha, ha..."bite me".....ha, ha, ha! Maybe the candy hearts could also say, "Suck this". Anyway, I am sad I couldn't see that movie with you...oh the mockery lost.

HoorayforHansons said...

haha. that is awesome!

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

I am definitely a Twilight fan, however I'm happy to say I have done NOTHING on that list! And yeah, the frolicking in the woods....WHAT WAS THAT?!