Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Never Ending Story is such a great movie!

And that has nothing to do with this entry. I was just thinking about how much I love that movie.

I feel like I can't blog until I have something interesting to post so my blogging tends to be spread out. That said, I cannot say that I am writing due to something interesting happening - more that I haven't written anything in so dang long. Can my life possibly be that un-interesting? Guess so.

The least (or most rather) I can do is give you an update and exaggerate to make me sound cooler.

School takes up the majority of my time and all of my energy right now. I am learning how to better balance my life so I don't completely burn out which is good. That consists of leaving as soon as my contract time hits and not thinking about school until 5:30 the next morning, at which time I plan my days lessons. Leaving things to the last minute? Maybe. Does it work for me? Definitely yes. My students are super awesome. I love the constant prompting to get my ADD kiddos on task, the incessant re-directing of my always tuned out kids, and saying "no" over and over to my 'I'm-doing-everything-I-can-to-avoid-work' kids. It's fantastic! I actually mean that, though. I'm not trying to be all that sarcastic. It's a lot of work and you must have approximately 6 hands and 4 eyes to do it, but it can be done! This year compared to my last year is a million trillion times more manageable!

In life outside of school we have, well, life stuff. I'm very proud of myself as of late for my better exercising habits! I live about one minute away from the Provo river trail and I love, love to run it often! It has been difficult since my past knee surgery to find something to keep me in shape without playing soccer and running has been a great substitute. The other day while running the trail, I did happen to see a some deer on the trail. Then, right after that, I saw the biggest moose I've ever seen! I just ran on past and it didn't seem to mind. And then, that was my exaggeration ... I probably would have jumped into the river had I seen a moose! ok - I'm not so good at this exaggerating to make things more awesome so I guess it's time to close this post. Thanks for reading! Until next time.

1 comment:

Leda Johnson said...

haha! My husband loves that movie too. I actually think it's pretty creepy and am not a fan...but you and David can have that in common.